Honey is considered to be one of the best health foods in the world. The taste of a particular type of honey varies depending on the type of flower from which the nectar is collected. Honey is the most prominent and most commonly used sweetener with huge health benefits. It is also used by some cultures around the world as the basis for many traditional medicines since ancient times.
The Benefits of Honey
- Honey has wound healing and antibacterial effects. It contains antioxidants that can protect the body from inflammation and healing wounds.
- Honey helps treat upper respiratory tract infections.
- Honey is known to be one of the best home remedies for cough.
- It has been used in medicine for more than 5000 years.
- Honey has many healing properties that naturally aid in the treatment of a sore throat.
- You can rub honey directly on affected gums which gives instant relief from pain and inflammation.
- Honey can replace sugar in the diet. The sugars of honey are more easily digested than those of table sugar, providing a healthier choice.