Top five fun facts about outer space:
- The largest known star, UY Scuti, is so big that it could hold over 5 billion of our suns. However, it is not the most massive star known.
- The atmosphere of Venus is so dense that if you were standing on the planet’s surface, it would feel like you’re 900 meters (3,000 feet) deep in the ocean.
- If two pieces of the same metal touch in space, they will permanently bond together because their atoms have no way to distinguish between the two pieces.
- The Great Red Spot on Jupiter, a storm that has been raging for over 300 years, is larger than the entire Earth.
- Astronauts on the International Space Station witness a sunrise and sunset every 45 minutes as they orbit the Earth at a speed of 28,000 km/h (17,500 mph).
These are just a few of the many fascinating facts about outer space. The more we explore and learn, the more we discover just how vast and awe-inspiring the universe truly is.