It is undeniable that children’s reading skills are very important to their progress in education, work and life. Reading is also a fun and imaginative activity for children. It opens doors to all kinds of new worlds for them! Reading stimulates a part of a child’s brain to grow and become more active that can enrich a child’s vocabulary and understanding. Through reading, children develop empathy, build confidence, and expand their imaginations.
“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”
– Albert Einstein
Here Are the Top Ten Benefits of Reading for Children:
- Reading opens up new worlds for children
- Reading is a kind of exercise for their mind making them learn faster and think smarter!
- Reading can improve their concentration and discipline
- Reading shows children how to make sense of the world around them
- Reading can develop vocabulary and language skills
- Reading can foster a children’s imagination creativity.
- Reading helps to cultivate kindness in children.
- Reading promote and cultivate lifelong learning
- Reading is a great way to spend time together and develop special bond with the family.
- Reading can improve children’s academic performance