A healthy lifestyle helps to maintain and improve people’s health and life. Many governments and NGOs strive to promote healthy lifestyles. They used key health data to measure benefits, including weight, blood sugar, blood pressure and blood cholesterol. A healthy life is a lifelong influence.
Healthy lifestyles includes healthy diet, physical activity, weight control and stress control. Unhealthy diets and lack of physical activity are contributing to global health risks.
Healthy and Balanced Diet
A healthy diet helps prevent all forms of malnutrition, as well as non-communicable diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, stroke and cancer. Balanced diet allows your body to function at its best, helps you fight off disease, feels more energized, and maintains an optimal weight.
Here are some tips for balance diet:
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Vary your fruits and vegetables
- Avoid overeating, especially snacks
- Replace animal protein with plant protein
- Choose whole grains
- Eat more fish, including a portion of oily fish
- Moderate consumption of dairy products
- Choose foods with healthy fats, limit or avoid foods with high saturated and trans fat.
- Drink 8 glasses of water
Research shows that a healthy diet and regular exercise are the most effective ways to achieve and maintain an ideal weight. The Center for Health Protection provides a range of information about eating a balanced diet and avoiding excessive weight gain.