Kingdom of Thailand Infographic
With more than 32 million tourists visiting in 2016 alone, the unique Asian country has seen a significant rise in tourism in recent years. Thailand is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. This country has everything for all, from culture and food, to shopping and outdoor activities. It offers so much that one visit is not enough – you’ll want to do it again and explore more about it!
Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Thailand
- Did you know that people who travel to Thailand are called “the land of smiles”?
- But did you know that Thailand is made up of 1430 islands, a Buddhist country formerly known as Siam?
- There are plenty of accommodation options from Bangkok’s majestic five-star hotel on Sumi or Sumi’s simple beach cottage.
- You might spend less than $20 a night in a hotel, but you might expect that even top-notch resorts can still be surprisingly affordable!
- From the stunning plains and hills of the golden triangle to the white sand beaches of Phuket, Samui and Kami, the Kingdom exudes beauty.
- It is conveniently located so you can easily reach other equally memorable destinations nearby. In a few hours, you can travel from Thailand to Bali, Singapore and Hong Kong, for just a few examples.