Social media is any digital tool that allows users to quickly create and share content and ideas in virtual communities and networks. It has brought major and universal changes to the communication between organizations, communities and individuals. It make use of mobile and Web-based technologies to create highly interactive platforms through which individuals and communities can share, discuss, modify and collaborate and rich media of web content.
Facebook – The world’s largest social network with more than 1.55 billion monthly active users (as of q3 2015). Users create personal profiles, add other users as friends, and exchange messages (including status updates). Brand creation page, Facebook users can “like” the brand page.
Here are some of the most popular social network:
- Twitter: A social network platform that allows groups and individuals to stay in touch by exchanging short status messages (140 characters limited).
- YouTube & Vimeo: Video hosting and watching websites.
- Instagram: A free photo and video sharing app that lets users apply digital filters, photo frames and special effects to photos and then share them on various social networking sites.
- Snapchat: A mobile app that allows users to send photos and videos to friends or their “stories.” The content disappear after viewing or 24 hours.
- LinkedIn: A place where groups of professionals with similar interests can share information and engage in conversations.
- etc. ….
Some charities will not be able to take big furniture pieces or electronic products with them: check with the store if in question. There will be no selling of broken or unfinished objects.