Recycling is a mechanism through which items that might have been thrown away as waste are recycled, refined and converted into new goods. Your society and the world will benefit from recycling. Recycling is a $200bn industry, according to the Bureau of International Recycling. In most countries, recycling is considered a government problem, not an individual responsibility.
While recycling is an essential part of waste management, it is difficult for most people to recycle daily due to lack of awareness and personal motivation. Without proper recycling, we generate 2.12 million tons of waste per year. Almost 300 million tons of plastic waste are produced each year, half of which is used once. Up to 91% of plastic waste is not recycled. Any of this plastic ends up in the landfill or in the ocean.
Benefits of Recycling
- Reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators
- Conserve natural resources such as paper, glass, aluminum plastics, and etc.
- Improve economic security by developing domestic sources of materials
- Prevent pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials
- Save energy and conserve valuable resources
Start taking care of your plastic waste and do recycling today. Do your part to help keep the world waste free. Share promote recycling idea with the Visual Paradigm Online pre-made templates. Post and share it with your friends.