In most countries, recycling is seen as a government concern rather than an individual responsibility. In countries such as the UK and Germany, recycling is subject to government restrictions, although in other countries people are legally required to recycle.
Recycling is a $200 billion industry according to the Bureau of International Recycling which is an important aspect of waste management. However, most people find it difficult to recycle everyday products due to a lack of awareness and personal encouragement.
Here is some facts related to waste management and recycling:
- Up to 2.12 million tons of waste is produced each year due to improper recycling.
- About 300 million tons of plastic waste are produced each yea half of which is disposable.
- Up to 91% of plastic waste goes untreated. Most of the plastic is in landfills.
- Germany has the world’s highest recycling rate of nearly 56 per cent of its waste, according to a World Economic Forum survey.
- South Korea is the Highest-Ranking Asian Country for Recycling
Help to save the earth! Research and design your own infographic to promote and share with your friends.