As traffic accidents are one of the main causes of deaths in many cities, road safety is of prime importance. With the number of cars on our highways growing with each passing hour, it is important for all to be mindful of the traffic and to learn and obey all the laws of road safety.
Key Facts of Traffic Accident According to WTO:
- Approximately 1.35 million people die each year as a result of road traffic crashes.
- Road traffic crashes cost most countries 3% of their gross domestic product.
- More than half of all road traffic deaths are among vulnerable road users: pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists.
- 93% of the world’s fatalities on the roads occur in low- and middle-income countries, even though these countries have approximately 60% of the world’s vehicles.
- Road traffic injuries are the leading cause of death for children and young adults aged 5-29 years.
- Every year the lives of approximately 1.35 million people are cut short as a result of a road traffic crash.
- Between 20 and 50 million more people suffer non-fatal injuries, with many incurring a disability as a result of their injury.
Know the risks and take action to protect your health and safety, whether you’re on the road at home or abroad. Want to gather your traffic safety finding and share your idea into a nice presentation? Adopt a nice infographic template and create one in just a few minutes.