Internet use has more than doubled in the past decade, a shift that has dramatically affected the way people buy products and interact with businesses. Digital marketing, like any other type of marketing, is a way to connect and influence potential customers. The real difference is that you connect and influence those customers online.
Today, consumers rely heavily on digital means to research goods. There are 7.7 billion people in the world, 4.4 billion use the Internet, and nearly 30% of consumers prefer to interact with brands through social channels and search engines rather than going to stores. Google Insights found that 48 percent of users were searching for search engines, 33 percent were searching for branded websites, and 26 percent were searching for smartphone apps.
There are many ways to connect with consumers online. Here are some ways you can reach potential customers:
- Company websites
- Company Blogs, forums and user group portals
- Social network, i.e. faceBook, Twitter, Linkedin, Medium, etc.
- Search Engines (pay-per-click, content AD, etc.)
- Web Applications, (Memberships)
- Email (newsletters, product updates)
- Press releases with Content platforms